Saturday, August 23, 2014

Glory Through Consistency


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/082314.cfm) reminds me that we should be consistent with what we say so the glory of God can be more alive in us.

The first reading and the psalm both remind us of God’s glory. The first reading describes God’s glory.

and there I saw the glory of the God of Israel
coming from the east.
I heard a sound like the roaring of many waters,
and the earth shone with his glory.
but spirit lifted me up and brought me to the inner court.
And I saw that the temple was filled with the glory of the LORD

And the psalm reminds us that God’s glory is not a concept so far and so abstract. God’s glory is in us, in our land. “The glory of God will dwell in our land

Still an abstract concept? How can we be sure God’s glory is in us? How can we feel God’s glory?

I believe that in the gospel, Jesus teaches us a practical and doable way on making it happen, on making it real. Live a life consistent with the gospel values. Jesus reminds us to practice what we preach. We should have integrity – to do what you say, and say what you do. If we tell others we love God, then we should live it. Lip service is not enough. Our lives should be a testimony of our faith. As we do this, as we live like this, as we humble ourselves before God, we will know that God will exalt us. And as he does it, we will know and feel God’s glory in our lives. We will feel God’s love in our lives. We will feel God’s power in our lives. Not only us, but the people around us. And that’s how we can make God’s glory more alive and more real in our lives.


Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another weekend. Thank you for another day to love and serve you. Lord, may I be challenged today. Help me live a life consistent with your values. May I give you more than lip service. May I praise you not just with my lips, but with my heart and my life as well. Lord, I lift up all those celebrating their birthday today, especially my sister Kat. May you always guide, bless and protect her, and may her life always be a testament of her love for you, and your love for her. Amen.

Blessed weekend!

In Christ,
-g-

PS,
See related reflections:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...