Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Consistent Ka Ba?


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/101712.cfm) reminds me to check my life and see if I am living a life consistent with God’s ways and with what I say.

In the first reading, St Paul writes the Galatians to remind them how they should live our lives. We too are reminded how we should live our lives. They say that you will know a tree by its fruit, and that goes with us human beings too. We will know the state of the heart of the person by the fruits – by the actions and words that come out of us.

The gospel, on the other hand, reminds us that consistency is acting the way we are preaching. Things are easier said than done, and as followers of Christ, we should walk the talk. I recently attended a teambuilding activity and one of the things I will take away from that is the importance of integrity – Do what you say, say what you do. If we say we are followers of Christ and preach his message to others, we too should live those gospel values so that our lives be a testimony of our faith.

Am I living a life consistent with the gospel values and with what I say and preach? Am I satisfied with merely telling people about God, or do I strive hard to live a life that is a testimony of my faith?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for again challenging me to live a life consistent to your ways, and consistent to what I say. Lord, it is easy to say good things about you. it is easy to tell others how great you are, and how loving you are. It is easy to tell others how you want us to live our lives. But that I just half of it. The more difficult thing is to actually live it. Lord, give me the strength and the desire to live a life consistent with your Word and your ways, and consistent with what I preach. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

PS
See related reflections:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...