Saturday, October 13, 2012

Who is Blessed?


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/101312.cfm) reminds me who is blessed in the eyes of God.

While Jesus was speaking,
a woman from the crowd called out and said to him,
"Blessed is the womb that carried you
and the breasts at which you nursed."
He replied, "Rather, blessed are those
who hear the word of God and observe it."

People have different notions and perceptions of being blessed. Some equate it with financial abundance, some with human knowledge, some with physical beauty. However, Jesus is telling me in the gospel who a blessed person for Him is. A blessed person is someone who hears the word and observe it.

Labo ba? walang sense?

You are blessed if you hear and obey God’s word because it shows that you know what’s important. You know that this world and everything on it is temporary. Listening and obeying God’s word means you know what is important, and are doing your part in preparing yourself for eternity with God. That is what being blessed is all about, by God’s standards, not by human standards.

Do I feel I am blessed? Do I want material things in life, and base my feelings on those things? Do I realize that God blesses me with much more than that?  Do I work towards being blessed spiritually – listening and obeying God’s word?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me what being blessed for you is. Lord, thank you  for always blessing me with things I do not deserve. Thank you for always being there for me. May I always be sensitive to these blessings, Lord, and may I always realize how blessed I am, maybe not on the standards of this world, but definitely on your standards. Lord, as I live my life, help me to devote time to hear your word and act on it. Amen.

Be blessed!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...