Monday, October 15, 2012

What Sign?


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/101512.cfm) reminds us to check ourselves if we are always looking for signs.

Feedback is important. As human beings, we want to know if we have been heard, and what the response to our question is. When it comes to God, sometimes we still act that way. We want him to confirm what we are praying for, or worse, we want him to confirm what we want. We force him to saying yes to what we pray for. However, we are warned against that. We are warned to base our faith on signs. Well, the enemy can send these signs as well! IF we base our faith, our actions and our decisions on signs we are asking, we are in big trouble.

We should walk by faith, not be sight. Even without these signs, even without God directly communicating with us, we should have faith that we can know His will. We have at our disposal the bible which would enable us to know God more – his great love for us and his power. Knowing God is helpful in knowing what he wants from us. We also should make use of prayer to build our relationship with God that will enable us to know and discern whatever he wants for us, even without signs.

Do I ask for signs from God? Why? When asking for signs, do I want him to send signs in favour of what I want, or is my heart open to receive his will? Do I work to improve my relationship with God? How?

Father God,
Thank you for a very productive weekend. Thank you for the opportunity you gave me to spend time with the people that matter to me. Lord, I ask that you help me strengthen my faith. May I always work to strengthen it and my relationship with you. May I reach the point where I no longer need to seek for signs, but am confident that I can discern what step you want me to take. Amen.

Blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...