Friday, October 12, 2012

Fill Up with God


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/101212.cfm) reminds me that I should always ask God to fill me up.

The first reading talks about faith. We again see how important faith is, more importantly, living by our faith. This would enable us to really surrender and trust in God’s intense love for us and infinite power. With faith, we can lift up all our actions as our way of praising and glorifying Him. With faith, we believe in the love and power of God. With faith, we believe that nothing is really impossible with God.

This faith also allows us to trust in God. Instead of doubting his power, like the people in the gospel, we should have faith and believe in God’s power – without questioning him or asking for a sign that will satisfy our human desires. However, as we experience God’s love, power and mercy, we should remember that it doesn’t end there. In other gospels, we see Jesus telling the people he healed or forgive to “Go and sin no more.” Why? Because we see in the gospel that if we are not careful, it would be easy for the devil to attack us again,

When an unclean spirit goes out of someone,
it roams through arid regions searching for rest
but, finding none, it says,
'I shall return to my home from which I came.'
But upon returning, it finds it swept clean and put in order.
Then it goes and brings back seven other spirits
more wicked than itself who move in and dwell there,
and the last condition of that man is worse than the first

Should we be afraid? Definitely not! God is more powerful than the enemy. As we are healed by God, we are protected by His power. However, this will only happen if we let Him fill us up. We will only be protected if God is in us – if we ask Him to remain in us and do our part to remain in Him. As we have God inside us, there will be no space for the enemy in our lives – no matter how hard they try.

Do I have faith in God – his love, power and mercy? Do you question him and always ask him to prove his love and power? Do u believe that nothing is impossible with God? When we experiene healing and help from God, do we allow God to fill us up so that there would be no space for the enemy?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for the very powerful gift of faith. Lord, like your disciples, I ask that you increase my faith in you. Help me do my part as well to know more about you to increase my faith – for I know that faith comes from hearing the word of God. Lord, I also ask you to always fill me up. May I always want more of you in my life everytime, so that I would be filled and there would be no space for the enemy in my life. May I always long for you and seek you, for I know that as I seek you, I will find you. Always stay in my heart, Lord, for I am deeply in love with you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...