Thursday, October 11, 2012

Makulit


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/101112.cfm) shows me instances of being stubborn and persistent – both called makulit in Filipino.

In the first reading, we are reminded not to be stubborn. Makulit- ginagawa ang hindi dapat. We have seen and experienced God’s love and greatness, and we should not turn back to our old way of living.

In the gospel, we are reminded to be persistent in prayer. Makulit, paulit ulit. When we don’t get what we pray for, we should be persistent and pray more. We will eventually get it. Why? Because as we pray, we will be transformed into the person God wants us to be, thus, our prayers will be transformed too from what we want to what God wants for us… and when we pray for what God wants for us, we will certainly get what we pray for.

May today’s WORD encourage us to be persistent in prayer, makulit in a positive way, and allow God to transform us.

What do I usually pray for? Am I persistent in prayer, especially when I don’t get what I pray for, or do I give up easily, feeling disappointed or even angry at God? In what ways have I been stubborn, makulit, and turned back from God?

Father God,
Thank you for another day. Thank you for all the blessings you bestow upon me, even if I don’t deserve all theset things. Thank you for wanting me to be persistent in prayer. I pray that you help me be persistent, especially when I initially don’t get what I pray for. I know Lord that as I pray, I will be transformed to be more and more like you, and my prayers will be what you want for me. I know you will give me these things as you fulfill your great plans for me. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...