Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Go Out After Praying


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/101012.cfm) reminds me that we should pray first before working.

The gospel shows us Jesus teaching his disciples how to pray. (See http://mysimplereflection.blogspot.com/2012/02/lords-prayer.html for related reflection on The Lord’s Prayer) We see how important prayer is. It keeps us grounded on God, relying on Him, and praising Him for everything. This sets our focus right, so that we would be able to work having a good perspective.

The first reading and the psalm remind us that we should proclaim God’s kingdom. Again, we need not be missionaries abroad to proclaim God’s kingdom. In our workplace, our homes, our communities and within our friends, we can and should proclaim God’s kingdom. Wherever we are, whatever we do, we should live consistent to God’s teachings. That is a powerful proclamation, probably more powerful than words. “Preach the gospel, use words when necessary.”

Am I spending  enough time for prayer to recharge my body and spirit? Am I willing to move my body and work to build and proclaim God’s kingdom here on earth? Do I live a life consistent with God’s teachings all the time? Do I proclaim God’s word to those I interact with? What prevents me from spending unhurried time in prayer? What prevents me from being an all-out worker for God?

Father God,
Thank you for reminding me how to live my life. Thank you for the gift of prayer that recharges not only my body, but more importantly, my spirit. Help me to make the most out of this gift. Lord, as I pray, always remind me to be grounded on you. I pray Lord that I would be sensitive enough to know where you are sending me, to know who you want me to proclaim your word to.  May I never be too busy or too caught up with my own concerns, and just allow you to use me and send me as you please. This I ask in Jesus name, Amen.

God bless!

In Christ,
-g-

PS
See related reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...