Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Angels Are Real


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/100212.cfm) reminds me that angels are real.

As we celebrate the memorial of guardian angels, we see the readings mentioning them. Aside from the importance of having a childlike faith in God, as stated by Jesus in the gospel, we are reminded that angels do exist. Jesus himself said so. A reading last week says that the archangels fought the enemy. Indeed, they are real and can help us grow in faith as well. Jesus said we have angels around us, that each of us has a guardian angel protecting and praying for us. These angels pray that we do the right thing when faced with temptation, and rejoice when we do so. However, they are also saddened when we become weak and fall to temptation.

Knowing that we have a guardian angel, we can have faith that they are always praying for us, that they are interceding for us. We can ask their help for guidance and strength for doing God’s will, for doing what is right. God sent us guardian angels to protect and guide us, so let us maximize that gift from God, and ask our angels to always make their presence alive in our lives, as we serve God.

Do I believe in angels? Do I believe God assigned me a guardian angel to guide and protect me? Do I pray that I always be guided as I live my life in service of God?

Father God,
I thank you for the gift of angels. Thank you for loving me so much and assigning me a guardian angel. Lord, I am sorry if I don’t acknowledge or make the most of my guardian angel. I pray that I always be sensitive and listen to the voice of my angel, especially when faced with trials and temptations. May I make you and my guardian angel happy by doing what is good and pleasing to you all the time. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...