Monday, October 29, 2012

Up With The Good, Down With The Bad


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/102912.cfm) remind me that only God can quench our thirst and bring us into great heights

I played for the school basketball team when I was in high school. The first time I had an ankle injury, I was having a hard time walking, especially going up and down the stairs. Good thing our physical therapist saw me and taught me something to remember – “Up with the good, down with the bad.” I was to go up the stairs using first my good, uninjured foot, then go down the stairs using the foot with the injured ankle.

Today, God is reminding me that it is true with faith, up with the good, down with the bad. The woman was down for eighteen years. She could not stand up because of the bad - the spirit that was possessing her. Jesus, the good, healed her and set her free, enabling her to stand up. Indeed, the enemy will bring us down. Probably we will have earthly and temporary happiness, but our souls would suffer. Deep inside we know we have a longing, a thirst only God can quench. Only if we choose God can we be truly happy, can we really do great things through Him. The first reading and psalm reminds us what we should do to go “up.” We are reminded to follow God and his ways. We are told to imitate God in our lives.

Am I aware that the enemy is the one who cripples me and brings me down? Am I aware that following the enemy will only bring temporary earthly happiness, but will cause emptiness inside? Do I go to God for real happiness? Do I know that I can only achieve great things through God?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another week. Lord, help me choose you always. May I live my life following you, for I know that I can only achieve great things through you and for you. You know Lord that deep inside I long for you, and I know that only you could quench the thirst in my soul, and I ask that you help me always come to you for nourishment and not look for it anywhere else. Amen.

Blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...