Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Never Too Late


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/100912.cfm) reminds me that it is never too late to serve God.

In the first reading, we see the story of St Paul. Before he was converted, he was one of the most fierce persecutors of Christ’s followers. Then, God appeared to him, temporarily blinded his earthly eyes, and opened the eyes of his heart to see who the real God is, to see who he should be serving. From then on, he never looked back and served God all the days of his life.

In the gospel, we see how important serving is. Martha’s role and expression of love is important. We need to act and serve God. However, we should not let us burn us out. We should never let is distract us from getting our source of strength from God. Service should be rooted in faith, and just as service is important, faith and knowledge of God is important as well.

It does not matter at what age you start serving God. What matters is when we start, we don’t stop serving Him. St Paul did not let himself feel down for serving God late, or for persecuting God’s servants before he was converted. Instead, he focused on God, on his service, and God used him mightily. We should never think that it is too late to serve. As long as we are alive, we can serve God on earth.  We just need to trust in Him and surrender ourselves to Him.

Am I serving God right now, or do I feel it’s too late, or it’s not my thing? Am I open to serving God in different ways? What is God calling me to do to serve Him? Where is God leading me to serve? Am I willing to respond and give my yes to serving Him?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me that it is never too late to serve you. Lord, I know I am not worthy, and I often feel that I am normal, that I cannot do anything special for you. But Lord, you love to choose small and humble people and work great things through them so that others would know how great and powerful you are. Here I am Lord, do as you please. Take me where you want me to serve you. Lead me to the people you want me to serve. I pray that I have a heart like Mary and Joseph, simple, humble, and willing to be used by you. Like Paul, blind my worldly eyes so that I will not be distracted by the world, and open the eyes of my heart so I can see you as I serve and love you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...