Saturday, October 6, 2012

You Will Be Rewarded


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/100612.cfm) reminds me that as we remain faithful to God, we will be rewarded.
All of us experience different things in life – each is given what he or she can handle. We are told that God will give us only what we can handle (1 Corinthians 10:13), so we should not compare what we are going through with that of others, and just focus on God as we overcome life’s challenges.
No matter what we are going through, we should be faithful. In the first reading, Job went through something very difficult. All that he has – possessions, family, etc, were taken away from him. However, he was faithful to God despite all of these. In the gospel, we see the disciples being faithful in another way – to their mission to proclaim God’s kingdom. Both were different, both were not easy, and being faithful to both carried a promise of blessings.
When faced with challenges, instead of being scared or lonely, we are encouraged to focus on God and be inspired by his reward waiting for us. We see God blessing Job with more than what he had before the challenges he overcame. In the gospel, we see the promise of the disciples’ names being written in heaven. God will bless us abundantly as we remain faithful to him, more than what we can imagine.
What challenges am I facing in my life right now? How do I react to these challenges? Do I let it stress me out, or do I focus on God and trust in Him to help me out no matter what. Do I bend my ways in times of challenges, or do I remain faithful to God, expectantly waiting his reward for me?

Father God,
In my life, there are a lot of concerns. There are a lot of challenges I am facing – at work, in my family, in my relationships, in my service to you. Lord, oftentimes I feel so tired and helpless with these challenges, but I have faith in you that you will continue to be there for me. Amidst everything, help me to be faithful to you, knowing that you will always be there by my side, and that as I overcome these challenges, your reward will be great, greater than what I could ever think of. Amen.
Blessed Weekend!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...