Friday, October 5, 2012

When We Forget…


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/100512.cfm ) reminds me of the things we forget about God.
In the first reading, God reminded Job of who God is. God reminded Job of the things we sometimes, or oftentimes, we take for granted, things we think are normal or things we don’t even think about.  It is God who created everything and tells everything what to do. The sun – how it rises and sets, the sky – how it behaves and how the clouds form, the sea – how deep it is, how dark the depths of the sea is, these are just some of the things God created and arranges. These things, which we overlook, or oftentimes do not understand, are all God’s work. Even these things we take for granted are under the supervision of God.
We are God’s best creation. We are made under the image and likeness of God. That is why if God takes care of other things, what more of us! He knows us by heart. He knows what will make us happy, and what our concerns are. God told job this, and we see this in the psalm. God knows everything about us because he loves us, because he is crazy about us. What a wonderful God!
In the busyness of life, we sometimes forget these things. We forget how great God is. We forget hot powerful he is. We forget hot loving he is. When we don’t get what we want, we get angry at him. We feel that he doesn’t love us, or he doesn’t know how to make us happy. Worse, we sometimes feel he has no power over our concerns, we think that God doesn’t have power over the natural things in life, over the things logic tells us are not possible. Sometimes we get worried about worldly things and don’t know if God can and will help us. We forget how powerful he is, and we forget that he always has his eyes on us. Yes, his eye is always on you.
May we always remember how powerful God is, and how he loves us, knows everything about us, and always has his eyes on us.
Do I sometimes forget what great things God has done? Do I sometimes belittle his power or his love for me? How has he made his love alive in my life? What great things has he done that I take for granted? What can I do to always be reminded of his power and love for me?

Father God,
Thank you for loving me, an unworthy and little person. Lord, you don’t need to love me. I don’t make your being God mightier or greater. You don’t need me Lord, but you love me just because you are love. In fact, it is I who needs you. I know that I am nothing without you, that I cannot accomplish anything without you. May I always remember to stay close to you and trust that you always have the best plan for me, and that with you, nothing is impossible. Amen.
Blessed day!
In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...