Thursday, October 18, 2012

Go by Pairs


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/101812.cfm) reminds us how beneficial it is go have a companion in our journey of faith, in serving God.

No man is an island. We are not made to be alone, that is why God created both man and woman. Probably, people who have experienced deep hurt in the past have the tendency to shy away from people – not wanting to get hurt again, unable to trust and love again. However, deep inside each and everyone of us has a longing and desire for companionship in our journey.

In the first reading, we see Saint Paul writing Timothy saying that he has Luke with him, and asks for Mark too. In the gospel, we see Jesus sending the disciples by pairs. We see how important and helpful it is to have someone to accompany you as you serve God and do his work. In a teambuilding I attended last Saturday, we were told that it is important and helpful to have someone to “run the race” with – to be with you, check up on you, encourage and support you, and pray for and with you in your journey of life, of the faith.

It is easier to travel when you have someone to be with you. It is easier to serve God when you have someone serving God with you. Challenges can wear us down, but having someone there to support and encourage us makes it easier to face the challenges in life. As they say, challenges are easier when shared, and success is sweeter when shared as well.

Do I value my relationships – with my family, friends, co-workers and significant other? Do I open up myself and allow others to enter my life? Do I have someone to run my race with – in life and in my serving God? Do I pray for God’s companion for me?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for thinking of me. Thank you for reminding me how important and helpful it is to have someone with me in this journey of life. Lord, I pray that you help me open up myself to others. May I give importance to relationships, knowing that you are alive in each and every person that I meet. Lord, I ask that you also help me find the companion/s you have for me – people who would help, guide, support, encourage and pray for me as I live my life in serving you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...