Saturday, August 25, 2012

God is with Us


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/082512.cfm) reminds us that God is with us, that he is alive.

In the gospel, we see Jesus warning us to live our lives consistent to what we preach. Saying and preaching is one thing. It is good to know what God wants, and ask others to do those things as well. However, doing is another thing. We should not only know and say what we need to do, but more importantly, do it as well. By living a life consistent to what we preach, consistent to the gospel values, then we will really experience Christ alive with us.

The first reading and the psalm both remind us that God is alive, that he is with us. He says that he will dwell among his children. His glory will dwell in our land. However, this is not God’s work alone. We should also do our part. Living a life pleasing to God makes us not only experience God’s love and presence alive in our lives, but also enables God to use us to make his love alive in the life of others. Yes, we can really be ambassadors of Christ if we just surrender and allow God to rule our lives.

Do I believe that God is alive and is with me right now? Am I living a life consistent with what I preach, with what God wants me to do? Do I realize that God is using me to make his love more alive in other people? Do I cooperate?

Father God,
Thank you for today – the start of another long weekend. Thank you for your love and your presence in my life. Lord, I am sorry for not always living a life consistent with what I preach. Sorry for not always doing what you want me to do, even if I am aware of what you want me to do. Lord, help me live a life pleasing to you that I may be a representation, however unworthy I am, of your great love to others. Amen.

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

ps
See related reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...