Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Rewarded



The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/082112.cfm) reminds us that in God’s time, we will be rewarded.

Sometimes, we get too comfortable. We get overconfident. Like the people in the first reading, just because we are always blessed by God, we feel we will always have that blessing from him. We feel entitled to it, and we forget that these blessings are from God, not from our human capacity. God warns us not to forget we are human beings totally dependent on God.

Jesus warns us of us losing our focus on Him. This attitude makes it hard for us to enter God’s kingdom, because we are full or ourselves. We cannot detach ourselves with what we have accomplished and gained in this world. (see related reflection).  It is hard to always focus on God, but Jesus is affirming us that in God’s time, we will be rewarded. Whatever sacrifices we gave for him will be returned to us, sobra sobra pa! We are encouraged to keep our focus on God and live our lives pleasing to Him, having faith that in his perfect time, we will be rewarded.

What keeps me busy in life? What occupies bulk of my day? Work? Career? Family? Studying? Gimmicks? Do I give time for God in my busy day? What things take my focus out of God? How can I remain focused on God as I live my life?

Father God,
Thank you for today. I am sorry for the times I lose focus on you, for the times I trust in myself too much, for the times I get weak and allow temptation to win over me. You know I love you, Lord, and you know what is n my heart. I love you Lord, mahirap lang talagang maging consistent. Lord, I ask that you give me the grace, together with the desire, to keep focused on you and to live my life consistent with your teachings, all the time. May my life be a testament of my love for you. Amen.

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

PS
See related reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...