Friday, August 3, 2012

Ikaw ang bahala


In today’s WORD (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/080312.cfm) , we are reminded again that we decide how we respond to Jesus.

In the first reading, we see two different reactions. Jeremiah, though he knew he would be outnumbered and the task was not easy, chose to listen and obey God’s word. He proclaimed God’s message to the people whom God gave a second chance because He does not want to destroy them. On the other hand, the people chose to ignore God’s message. Their hearts were hardened to God.

In the gospel, we see the same reaction. The people of Nazareth chose to question Jesus’ wisdom. Yes, they knew where he was from and they knew his family, so they thought they knew him too well. They chose not to believe in him. They did not have faith in Him. This lack of faith, as we’ve seen, is the reason why Jesus could not perform miracles in their city. He needed the faith of the people so he can make miracles, and unfortunately, in his own town, there was very little.

Tayo, nasaan?

When placed in difficult situations, who do we choose? Are our hearts hardened to God, or do we have faith in him? Do we insist on our own ways, or are we humble enough to know God knows best? Do I have faith in God? Do I choose to follow him?

Dear God,
Thank you for loving me enough to give me free will. Thank you for letting me choose if I will go for or against you. Lord, minsan naiisip ko, sana wala nalang choice, sana lagi nalang kami susunod sa iyo para lagi tayo magkasama. But Lord, I know that you love me too much to impose your will, even if it is the best, on me. You want me to love you and obey you, not because I need to or because I have no other choice, but because I love you. Lord, help me love you more and more, and help me live my life witnessing to that love I have for you. Amen.

Have a blessed Friday!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...