Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Envious of God’s Goodness?



Today’s WORD (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/082212.cfm) reminds me to not compare myself with other people.

In the gospel, we see a lot of people working in different levels, but being paid the same. Sometimes we are like that. Sometimes I am like that. I tend to compare myself with other people. I tend to look at the things they have that I don’t. I ask why God seems to bless them with a lot more than me. However, the gospel reminds me of the evil in that.

What God does with his riches is of no matter to us. We do not deserve these things to begin with. We should be thankful with whatever God gives us, and not compare ourselves with others. Chances are, we have a lot as well, we just tend to see the things we don’t have, and take for granted the things we have that others don’t. In his wisdom, God gives us what we need. It may not necessarily be what we want, but these are what we need to continue to serve and love him. In the first reading, he says that he will take care of us. We just need to have faith.

Do I believe I have everything I need to serve God, or do I always come up with a list of my complaints and my wants in life? Do I envy other people? Do I compare my blessings with that of other people? What are the things I want in life? What are the things I have that I tend to take for granted?

Father God,
Thank you for a very long weekend. Thank you for giving me a chance to spend it with the people dear to me. Lord, I ask that as I start another week, I always focus on you and be thankful for every blessing you give me. May I always remember that have everything I need to serve you, and be thankful for that. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...