Monday, August 13, 2012

Sensitive Ka Ba?


The WORD (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/081312.cfm) today reminds me that God reveals himself to us in different ways.

In the first reading, God reveals himself and his glory to Ezekiel in a grand way. We see the prophet Ezekiel trying his best to explain his vision through words. We could just imagine how mighty that vision was. On the other hand, in the gospel, we see Jesus revealing himself to Peter and his passion and death to his disciples. He was just talking as he revealed these things – no visions or signs accompanying them. Simple lang.

God reveals himself to us in different ways. Minsan grand, through visions or dreams or something else. Minsan simple lang, by something we read in the bible, we hear from others, or something other people tell us. What is important is we acknowledge these things, and that we are sensitive to these things. God uses different ways to reach out to us, so we should always be alert and sensitive to recognize him.

Do I want God to reveal himself and talk to me? Am I sensitive enough to recognize him in the big and small things?  Do I pray for a heart that seeks and recognizes him? As I start the week, what is God telling me?

Father God,
Thank you for the weekend. Thank you for giving us another week. I pray that I always be sensitive enough to know and recognize you revealing yourself to me. May I always seek you, and as you reveal yourself to me, may I be ready to heed your call of living a life pleasing to you. Amen.

Have a blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...