Saturday, August 18, 2012

Be a Child


In today’s WORD (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/081812.cfm) we see how much Jesus loves the children. Jesus loves a child-like faith and attitude. (See related reflections)

In the first reading, we see that he does not want death or evil to be upon us. We will bring it upon ourselves if we constantly choose to disobey him, but he does not want it. He wants us to be saved, he wants us to be with him. However, only we can make that decision. Only we can humble ourselves and be childlike and let him be God in our lives.

When we confess, we accept that we are children of God. We try to make peace with him. We accept that we need him. We accept that we are sinners. We humble ourselves make an act of surrender. This is what God needs from us. This is what will make him happy.

Do I have a childlike faith or a childish one? Do I surrender to God and allow him to control my life? Am I humble enough to accept that without him, I am nothing? Do I make the most of the sacrament of reconciliation?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for this weekend. Lord, I pray that you always remind me to humble myself, and Lord, sana makinig ako. Help me to constantly live a life pleasing to you, having a childlike faith in you. Amen.

God bless!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...