Friday, August 17, 2012

A Loving God


Today’s WORD (see http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/081712.cfm) reminds us that we have a very loving God!

The first reading is a reminder of who and what we are before God came into our lives and took care of us. We were dirty, unwashed, uncared for – sinners, before God came into our lives. He saw the beauty in us. He saw the goodness in us. OF course, he created us! He took care of us, he sent his Son to save us, he loved us. Then, we abused that love and favour we have from God and sinned again. But his love is still there. Seeing the goodness in us. Patiently waiting for us to change and go back to Him.

It is not easy loving someone unlovable. When your love is rejected and not appreciated, it makes you want to stop. It can even turn the love for that person to hate. However, God is not like that. It must have been difficult to love us! Pasaway tayo eh. We sin and hurt him. We take his love for granted. We abuse his love. Yet, he is patiently loving us, patiently waiting for us to change and get back to him. How blessed are we to have a God who loves us that way.

What is my definition of love? Do I expect the love that I give to be given back to me? Do I expect to be reciprocated for the love I give? Do I look for love in all the wrong places and people? What is God telling me today in terms or loving? What is God telling me in terms of my worth as a person? Do I love God? Do I live my life showing it?

Father God,
I may not always say this, I may not always live my life consistent with this, but I Love You. Thank you for loving me, thank you for seeing the goodness in me. I pray that I may love others the way you love me, so that in my own little way, I may be a representation of your love on earth. Amen.

Stay Blessed!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...