Thursday, August 23, 2012

Complete Outfit


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/082312.cfm) tells us that we should go all out for God.

In the gospel, we see the chosen people did not respond to the invitation. Thus, the king invited whose initially uninvited – ordinary people from the streets. That is why it may seem harsh what the king did to the person not dressed. We may think that the person was so poor that he had no dress for the occasion. Well, that’s not the case. During those times, when a king invites you to a banquet, he provides the necessary garments as well. Ayos diba? That’s why the person was provided garments, hindi nya lang sinoot.

We see God angered by the one person who came unfit, the same way he was with those who did not respond to the invitation. God wants us to go all out for him! If we want to serve him, we should do so with everything we’ve got. He provides us everything we need to serve him, and we just have to do our part and make use of all he has been giving us and serve him.

First reading says that we are God’s people, and in the psalm, God says he will pour clean water and wash us clean with our sins. When God calls us, when God invites us, he does not look at our faults or sins. He does not look at our capabilities. He invites us all. However, few respond. When we make that decision to respond to God’s invitation, let us be confident that God will clean us and provide everything we need, we just need to do our part.

Am I sensitive to the different ways God is reaching out to me? Am I sensitive to the different blessings God has been providing me? What prevents me from fully surrendering to God? What prevents me from giving my all in serving him?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for the reminder that you always give us what we need to serve you. Lord, I ask that today, you make me sensitive to your blessings and your call. May I listen to you and obey you as I give my all in serving you. And as I serve you, may I bring other people as well. Amen.

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...