Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Do Not Be Shaken



The WORD today (see http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/082812.cfm) reminds me to be firm and not be shaken.

In life, there are many challenges – both circumstances and people. There are circumstances that seem impossible to get through. There are circumstances in which we feel that we do not and will not have enough strength to face. Of course, by ourselves we cannot, but if we always call upon God, we can do anything. There are also people who will try to distract us from following God. There are those who will test our faith, or those who will make us question our faith. God calls us to be firm and not to be shaken amidst these challenges life brings us.

God is in control. We just have to trust in Him. There are things we cannot see, things we cannot understand. This is where faith comes in. We need to trust in God to take care of us. We need to allow God to protect us. We need to allow God to love us. We need to trust that God sees what our eyes cannot, and understands what our minds cannot. We just need to surrender and let him take control of our lives.

What are the things in life I am afraid of? What are the things in life that bother me? Do I include God in the scenario? Do I trust him enough to let him take control, even if I cannot seem to see or understand his wisdom in the things happening? How can I strengthen my faith in Him?

Father God,
Thank you for giving me another day to live. I am sorry for not giving you my best in everything. Sorry for not always focusing on you and taking things in my own hand. Lord, help me surrender to you every day. I know this is not a one time decision. I need to constantly choose to surrender to you, and by this, I know that slowly, my faith will be strengthened and I will not be shaken by anything that is not of you. Amen.

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...