Monday, August 27, 2012

See Beyond What The Eyes Can See



The WORD today (see http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/082712.cfm) inspires me to see beyond what the eyes see.

In the first reading, we see an exhortation to the Thessalonians:

so that you may be considered worthy of the Kingdom of God
for which you are suffering.

We always pray for you,
that our God may make you worthy of his calling
and powerfully bring to fulfillment every good purpose
and every effort of faith,
that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you,
and you in him,
in accord with the grace of our God and Lord Jesus Christ.

Life as followers of Christ is not easy. If you experience suffering for Christ, then you’re on the right track. Times like these, we too are encouraged to see things beyond what our eyes see. We need to have faith and trust that God will use us to fulfil his purpose. We should also remember to put the focus on him – all the glory to and for him, never on ourselves. Our lives, both  challenges and victories, should always magnify God, not ourselves.

How is my life right now? Am I going through rough and challenging times? How do I face it? Do I look it with eyes of faith, trusting that God will get me through this and that his purpose will be fulfilled by what I am doing for him, or do I complain and lose my faith in him during these times?  During moments of victories, who do I really glorify, myself or God? Is the way I am living my life bringing honor and glory to Him?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me to keep my focus on you and look beyond what my eyes can see. Father, I pray that you increase my faith. May I always be certain that you will come and rescue me no matter how difficult or challenging the situation may be, and may I always be reminded that no work for you is wasted. Amen.

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...