Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ano ang Bunga?


The gospel today tells us that we will know a tree by its fruits.
A mango tree bears mango, a buko tree bears buko. A good tree bears good fruit, a rotten tree bears bad fruit.
Jesus warns us to look past the superficial level – to look beyond the seemingly harmless appearance and see what is inside. Jesus wants is to look deep into our hearts and see beyond what other people see, beyond what we project, beyond what we say. Jesus is asking us to examine our lives and see what is inside of us, because eventually it will come out and bear fruit.
Jesus sees what is inside of us. He sees way past our actions, our image and reputation and what we say or project to other people. Kahit sabihin mo, or ipakita mo sa ibang tao, alam ni God ano yung nasa loob ng puso mo. Minsan, kahit hindi mo alam, kahit hindi ka aware, alam ni God. That’s why it is important to always pray and ask his guidance as he reveal what is really in our hearts.
Personally, I think there’s always an exception. The people in the first reading did not know they were already disobeying God. They did not know they were not honouring the covenant and were not doing their part. When they learned of it, they quickly repented and went back to God. Bad tree yung ancestors nila, but they became good fruits. I believe that there will always be opportunities for us to change and go back to God, we just have to be open to him and sensitive.
Am I seeking God’s will in my actions? Do I constantly try to make an effort to examine my life and change my ways, as I pray that God help me discern what’s in my heart? What fruits am I bearing in my life?  Do I bear good fruit?
May we be inspired and do our best to bear good fruit for God.
Dear God,
Thank you for reminding me that I should bear good fruit. Lord, I ask that as I live my life, I may be always aware of my intentions, of what is inside my heart, and that I always seek your will above all so that I can glorify you. Amen.
God bless!
In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...