Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Littleness for His Greatness


The second reading today reminds us that we should glorify God.
Therefore, we aspire to please him,
whether we are at home or away.
We should aspire to please God, wherever we are and whatever we do. We can please God with our actions every day. We do not need to be a missionary or a full time church worker to please Him. Our daily taking up of our crosses to follow him is pleasing to him. Offering up our actions for his glory pleases him. Praying and acknowledging that he is God in our lives pleases him.
No act is too insignificant, if done for the glory of God.
St Therese knows that doing ordinary things with extraordinary love is much appreciated by God. It is more important that doing great things for self-gratification or personal glory. God does not need us to do a lot of mighty things on our own. All he needs is a heart that fully loves and surrenders to Him. God will use whatever little we can offer, and turn it into something great – for Him and by Him.
The first reading shows this. He will take of a tender shoot, plant it on a mountain and it will become a majestic cedar. The gospel says that a small mustard seed eventually turns into one of the biggest trees that give shade to birds. He said that he will lift high the lowly tree. He will use whatever little we can offer and turn it into a grand act for his purpose. We just need to let him.
Does this mean we just need to give him a little? Definitely not.
Even if God does not need grand acts from us, it doesn’t mean we’ll give a little. IT doesn’t work that way.  God does not require a grand act as an offering, but as lovers and followers of Christ, we definitely need to give him our best. He deserves the best we can offer. Whatever the best we can give him, he will turn into something great.
Is God real in my life? What do I offer him? Do I give him my best, or just the leftovers? Do I feel that I have to do grand things to serve him, or do I know that he will take whatever little I can give, and turn it into something great, if done with love and if given for his glory? What can I give God today?
May we always remember to give God our best, and remember that as long as it is the best we can give, he will take it, however little it may seem, and use his greatness.
Prayer:
Father God,
I thank you for this day. Thank you for reminding me that as long as I give you my best, no act is too little for your kingdom. Help me always give you my best and have faith that however little it may seem, you will turn it to something great. Amen.
Blessed Sunday!
In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...