Sunday, June 10, 2012

Body and Blood of Christ


The readings today show us how great the love and power of Jesus is.

In the first reading, we see Moses facilitating the covenant between God and the people. The people agreed to obey all that God told them through Moses. This covenant was sealed by the offering of the blood of holocausts and sacrifices.

People broke the first covenant, they did not always follow God, in fact, they even rebelled against God, so the covenant was broken. This is when Jesus comes in.

In the second reading, we see a new, more powerful covenant – this time sealed not with the blood of animals offered as sacrifices, but by the blood of God’s only begotten Son. We see Jesus’ love and power, sacrificing himself for us, the powerful, unblemished Son of God. Jesus came, died and rose again to give us life – life to the fullest.

In the gospel, we see Jesus himself instituting the sacrament of the Holy Eucharist. He gave us his body and blood. He loves us so much and he is capable of saving us. We just need to make the decision to accept him and allow Him to do so

What is the significance of the Holy Eucharist for me? Do I make the most out of it? Am I willing to accept Christ in my life and allow him to take control of my life?

Father God,
I thank you for sending your only Son to die for me. Thank you for loving me however unworthy I am. I pray that I see myself the way you see me – beautiful, lovable, priceless, and worthy of your life. May I always remember how much you love me, and in turn, love you the best way I can. Amen.

Stay Blessed!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...