Friday, June 15, 2012

Sacred Heart of Jesus

What comes into mind when one sees an image of a heart? <3
Some, probably the scientists and physicians, would associate heart with science and remember one of the most important organ in the human body.
Well, that is true.
However, I believe most of the people would associate heart with love. And I believe that is what Jesus, through the readings today, wants to tell us.
God loves us. The Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus reminds us of the intense love of God for us.
In the first reading, we see God, like a father, loves and takes care of us. Nanjan sya kahit hindi natin alam, kahit hindi natin napapansin or pinapansin. His love is unconditional, na kahit hindi mo I acknowledge, kahit hindi ka magpasalamat, hindi sya titigil magmahal. His anger is also controlled. Ayaw nan yang masaktan tayo. Kahit pasaway tayo paminsan minsan, he still loves us and wants the best for us.
In the second reading, Paul uses a lot of words to try to describe God’s love for us. “..the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge…” Lahat na, parang napaka laki at napaka complex ng love ni God para sa atin. Imagine, God, who created us, who do not need us, who can live without us, loves us this much? Special ka!
In the gospel, we see this love in action. God sent his one and only son to save us from our sins. How? Not like a mighty king, but like a helpless child. He gave in to the will of God. He died to save us from sin and death. His love is greater than death. In the gospel, kahit patay na sya, blood and water still flowed out from Him. Even death could not stop him from loving us, from giving everything to us. We are not worthy of such love, but God’s love make us worthy and special.
Do I know that God really loves me so much? Do I value God’s love for me? IS it enough for me to tell me how special and worthy I am, or do I still look for love and affirmation of other people to make me feel good about myself? How can I love others and make them feel God’s love?
May we always know how much God loves us!
Prayer:
Dear God,
Thank you for loving me, even if I am unworthy. Lord, I am sorry for sinning and hurting you. Pero Lord, kahit pasaway ako, that does not stop you from loving me. May I give value to your love for me, and may I find my worth in your love and not in others. Today and every day, may I always remember how much you love me, and may I be a vessel of your love to others. Amen.
God bless!
In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...