Saturday, June 16, 2012

Immaculate Heart of Mary

Yesterday, we see and remember how much God loves us. Today, we see an example of how we should love him back, through a human being in Mama Mary
In the gospel, we see a glimpse of Mary’s heart.
Even if she did not understand what Jesus meant, she still followed God. She still loved Him and served Him. Probably she did not get the answer she was expecting, but she was not proud and complaining. We did not see her complain and say “You sent the angel and asked me to be Jesus’ mother, now I do not understand what he is saying?!” Instead, we see Mary as a humble and obedient servant, keeping things in her heart when she did not understand.
How about us?
How do we react when we do not understand God’s plans? Do we humbly accept his plan, having faith that his plan is the best, or do we complain and insist he conform to what we want? When we do not get what we pray for or what we ask, how do we react? Are we angry at God, or do we keep the faith, continuously serving him despite of everything? Do I feel God’s love in my life? How do I respond and give it back to him? to others?
May we find in Mama Mary an example of how to love God back.
Prayer:
Father God,
Thank you for loving me. Thank you for always going down to my level and reaching out to me. Lord, I ask that you help me love you like Mama Mary. May I always surrender to your will and may I always be a humble servant loving you… always. Amen.
Have a blessed weekend!
In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...