Monday, June 2, 2014

Conquered


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/060214.cfm) reminds me that even if Jesus is not the ruler of this world, He has conquered it.

In the gospel we see Jesus reminding his disciples, as he is reminding us today, that He has conquered the world.

"In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world.”

We all have problems. We all have concerns. And as followers of Christ, we experience extra challenges in life, as we are not in the team of the king of the world. However, Jesus reminds us that we should just continue to trust in him, he may not be the ruler of the world, but he conquered, he is more powerful than the ruler of the world.

Being on God's team may not exempt us from challenges, problems and persecutions of the world..but it gives us a very powerful support and protection as we face these things.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another monday. Thank you for another week. Lord, thank you for the reminder that you have conquered the world. As I live for you, I just have faith that you will always be there, and I know I am safe because you are bigger and more powerful than my problems. Amen.

Blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...