Saturday, June 28, 2014

Firm Faith


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/062814.cfm) inspires me to have firm faith in God.

In the movie "Faith like Potatoes", Angus Buchan's faith is obvious when he said that "the condition for a miracle is difficulty. The condition for a great miracle is impossibility" and his faith enabled him to experience a great miracle.

In the gospel, we see someone with great faith that Jesus himself commended.

Amen, I say to you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith

In fact, this faith is so great and inspiring that we remember it every time we celebrate the holy mass.

Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word and my servant (soul) will be healed

Of course, Jesus honored this man's faith.

“You may go; as you have believed, let it be done for you.” And at that very hour his servant was healed.

Nowadays, we are faced with situations that will test our faith. We have a lot of questions. Will politics and corruption in our country improve? Will peace and order be stabilized?  Does God really have a great plan for me? Will I be healed of this sickness? Will I be able to get out of debt? These are things that we worry about. Things that test our faith. However, we are reminded in the gospel of the love and power of Jesus. He healed the man's servant by his mere word. He healed peter's mother in law. He healed all the sick and those possessed who were brought to him.

What can Jesus not do?

May we be inspired by the centurion's faith, and assured by Jesus' love and power. 

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for all the blessings. Lord, I am sorry for doubting your love and power and for being inpatient with your plans for me. May I have faith like the centurion, especially with the concerns I have in life. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...