Wednesday, June 4, 2014

More Blessed to Give


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/060414.cfm) reminds me that it is more blessed to give than to receive.

Everyone wants to be on the receiving end of things. Who does not want blessings, gifts and graces. However, as we mature in faith, God expects us to give as well. In the first reading, we are reminded:

"... the words of the Lord Jesus who himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

When we receive, the graces and blessings stop at us. We enjoy and experience these graces from God. We are blessed. However, when we give, the blessings do not stop at us. We are able to bless others, to bless more people. We receive blessings, and when we learn how to give, and actually find joy in giving, then we are more blessed, because not only will we be able to share our blessings and let them flow to others, but also because as we give, God will continue to fill us and bless us more so we can continue blessing others.

How do I use God's blessings? Am I thankful for them? Do I share them with others? Am I open to sharing and giving away, or do I always want to receive? As I give, what does God give me back?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you it's midweek already. Lord, thank you for all the blessings you give me. I ask that I be able to make good use of it by sharing it and giving it away. Change my heart that I would always desire to give and share your blessings to others. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...