Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Work for God


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/061114.cfm) reminds me that we should tirelessly work for God.

All fresh graduates are very optimistic about their first job. They want to do something they like. They want to work for a company whose values and culture are the same as theirs. They want to find the perfect job, so they put a lot of effort researching and looking for it, and then getting through the process of getting in the company. Then when they get in, they do their best as they work for that company.

Do we also do the same as we work for God?

The gospel is the same as a few days ago. (see here). We are reminded to mind our own business and just do what God asks of us. In the first reading we see other disciples continue working for God, minding their own business and just doing what God asks of them, going where God wants them to go.

God needs workers for his vineyard. He says that the harvest is many but the laborers are few. May we respond to that call, and work tirelessly, giving our best to work for His kingdom.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Sorry for the times I don't give you my best, and especially for the times I don't even work for you. I will do my best to be a happy worker and give my best for you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

ps
See related reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...