Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Justice


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/061714.cfm) reminds me that God is a God of justice.

All of us sin. And when we sin, we know that we hurt God. When we sin, we know that God will readily forgive us when we humbly come to him really repentant. However, just as he is forgiving, he is also just.

In the first reading, we see that God did not continue with his plans of punishing Ahab because God saw how truly humble and repentant he was. He is a merciful God, but a just one as well. In his time, he will punish Ahab from his sins.

Same goes with us.

We cannot exploit God's goodness. We cannot exploit the sacrament of reconciliation by always committing sin, thinking that after we sin, we can confess anyway. Yes, God is very merciful and forgiving, but he is also a just God, and in his time, we will have to face the consequences of our actions.

May we come to God truly repentant, and as we do, may we do our best not to sin anymore.

Do I confess to God? As I do, what sins do i commit always? What is my favorite sin? Why can't I let go of it?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for all the blessings. Lord, thank you for always being there to love and accept me as i humbly come to you and ask for forgiveness. I will do my best not to hurt you repeatedly, and I ask for your help in doing it. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...