Saturday, June 21, 2014

Don't Worry


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/062114.cfm) reminds me to not worry about life, but live with full faith in God.

The gospel tells us one of the most assuring promises for me. These two verses never fail to calm me and assure me of God's love, plan, and protection.

But seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides. Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil

Do not worry.

In life, there are lots of reasons to worry. And lots of things to worry about. Work. Career. Health. Finances. Safety. Lovelife. These are only the basics. Some people further expand this by adding more things: fame. Power. Reputation. Possessions. If one focuses on these things, then the quality of life would really be affected. But today we see how we should deal with these things.

Faith in God.

They say that if you worry a lot, it means you don’t have faith in God. Makes sense. Because we can't do anything by worrying. Jesus asks us not to worry about tomorrow and all the concerns it brings. We should just have faith in God. We should just focus on God. We should just seek God.

Would seeking God and following God solve our concerns? Will it take our problems away? Yes - but probably not in a way we want to. As we seek Him, He won't give us worldly solutions - food, money, security, etc. However, he will change our hearts to become more and more like him. And as we become more and more like him, we will see things in a different perspective. We will rely on him more. And the things we consider problems won't be so big anymore.

May we learn to live like this.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another weekend. Lord, I pray that you help me live the way you want me to. May I worry less as I pray more. Change me and make me more like you, Lord. Amen.

Blessed weekend!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...