Sunday, June 1, 2014

Glorify Him


The WORD today (see http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/060114-sunday.cfm) reminds me how we can glorify God.

"In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love" - Blessed Mother Teresa

This quote tells us not only how we should live, but how we can glorify God! In the gospel Jesus himself told us how he glorified God.

" I glorified you on earth by accomplishing the work that you gave me to do"

God does not ask us to do great things. We don't need to feed 5000 people or raise someone from the dead or heal thousands of people just to glorify Him. Jesus did not say I glorified you Father by raising dead people, healing the sick, and feeding thousands. He said he glorified God by doing what was asked of Him. This is also what we should do, to do what is asked of us.

All of us are called differently. Some may be called to religious life. Some to corporate life. But God calls us to do things for him, and we can glorify him by doing these things, no matter how simple it is such as joining an outreach activity, or something else like sending a scholar to school or serving in an organization. No task is small if done out of great love for God. This is how we will glorify him. Not based on the magnitude, output or outcome of our act, but based on our heart as we do them.

May we do whatever God called us to do, no matter how simple it may be, out of great love for God...so we can put a smile on his face.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another Sunday! Thank you for this time to spend time with my family. Lord, thank you for coming down to my level. Thank you that you don't just expect me to do great things. Thank you for what is important for you is my heart as I do things for you. May I always do simple things with great extraordinary love for you. As I do so, may I glorify you in the simple way i know how. Amen.

Blessed Sunday!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...