Thursday, June 5, 2014

Is it in You?


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/060514.cfm) makes me think if God's love is in me.

Jesus in the gospel reminds us that he wants us to love like he did:

"that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in them.”

How can we love with God's love? If we remain in Jesus and obey his commands, we will always have God's love in us, and we will be able to love like he did - unconditional.

Love does not keep a record of wrong, does not look after its own interest, and is willing to push on even with hurt or pain. This is how God loves us, and this is how we should be able to love.

May we always remain in Jesus and allow God to make us feel his love. And as we do so, may we be able to love like him.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another day to experience your love and to share your love. Lord, help me love like you do, to those unlovable and to those who I feel doesn't deserve love. Help me love until it hurts and despite all the pain that comes with loving. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...