Saturday, June 14, 2014

Integrity


The WORD today (see http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/061414.cfm) reminds me that God wants us to have integrity with what we say.

God is a simple God, and he wants us to be the same. Say yes if we mean yes, no if we mean no. No conditions, no flowery words, just a direct to the point answer. In the gospel he tells us:

Let your ‘Yes’ mean ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No’ mean ‘No.’

Say what you mean. If we say we love God, we say and do it. No conditions, no explanations. Lord, I will love you as long as you bless me. Lord, I will serve you as long as my schedule permits.  These are not what God wants from us. No if no, yes if yes.
Nowadays, integrity is losing its meaning. We find it so easy to lie and just apologize for it. Politicians do it on national television. We see accused people setting conditions. The world today make it seem that it's okay to lie since a lot do it anyway. May we be reminded that for God, it is not. And he still expects us to remain firm in faith.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another weekend. Lord, thank you for all the blessings. Help me Lord to work on my integrity. May I always do my best to be true to my word. In a special way, I pray for those who made their vows to each other today. Bless their marriage, and may they do their best to remain faithful to that word. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...