Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Shine for God


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/060314.cfm) reminds me who we should shine for and glorify.

All of us pray to God for others, and of course for our own personal intentions. We ask for blessings for career, studies, work or business. However, we sometimes forget to bring back the glory to God when he grants us our prayers. Jesus reminds us how we should pray in today's gospel.

“Father, the hour has come. Give glory to your son, so that your son may glorify you..."

Shine for God.

Jesus asks God to glorify him, so that in turn, he can give back the glory to God. We also see Mama Mary doing this as she was blessed by Elizabeth. She responds with her canticle which starts by "my soul magnifies the Lord!"

God is a gracious and generous God. And as he grants us our prayers, may we never forget to thank him and bring back the glory to him. As early as praying for our intentions, may our hearts be at the right place and desire to glorify him.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another chance to praise and glorify you. Lord, help me put my heart in the right place. May I always desire to glorify you through my actions. As You bless my life, may I never forget to bring back the glory to you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...