Friday, June 27, 2014

Heart to Love


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/062714.cfm) reminds me what we associate our hearts for - to love.

As we celebrate the solemnity of the sacred heart of Jesus, we are reminded to use our hearts to love...and to love like he does.

We all say that we love God, but that profession of love is dead if love does not become alive through our actions. And translating it to action means loving not just God, but more importantly, loving God through others. The first reading tells us:

Beloved, if God so loved us, we also must love one another. No one has ever seen God. Yet, if we love one another, God remains in us, and his love is brought to perfection in us.

God asks us to love one another. So that in the process, He may be real and alive in and through us.

May we be willing to translate our love for God to action by loving Him through others.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another weekend. Lord, thank you for loving me. I love you, and I will do my best to prove that to you as I love others. Amen.

Blessed weekend!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...