Saturday, July 12, 2014

Assured


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/071214.cfm) assures us that God knows what is happening to us.

The gospel reminds us not to worry a couple of times.

“Therefore do not be afraid of them…
Are not two sparrows sold for a small coin?
Yet not one of them falls to the ground without your Father’s knowledge.
Even all the hairs of your head are counted.
So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

It is a good reminder for us. It puts things in perspective. Yes, there are a lot of people and a lot of things in this world, but God created them and he cares for each and every one of his creatures. Our very limited mind cannot comprehend it, but God knows exactly what is happening to each of his creations, and he protects each one of us. If God takes care of animals, how much more us, created in his own image and likeness?

Things may be rough. There may be a lot of questions and concerns – really valid ones. But God is reminding us that He’s got our backs, that he is watching over us, protecting us, and his love is always there.

May we be assured.

What is bothering me lately? What are my concerns? What do I pray for? Do I remember that God is always there for me, watching over me and protecting me? Why am I so worried?

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another chance to love and serve you. Lord, thank you for this weekend. Thank you for knowing my needs and my concerns. Thank you for your assurance of love and protection. I pray that I be able to glorify you with the things I would do this weekend. May your name always be glorified. Amen.

Blessed weekend!

In Christ,
-g-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...