Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Obedience


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/072214.cfm) reminds me how God wants us to be obedient.

Obedience is related to trust , respect and humility. If you trust and respect someone, you would be ready to obey. If you are humble, you would be willing to obey. This is the attitude God wants from us.

In the gospel, he says through Jesus:

Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my heavenly Father is my brother, and sister, and mother.”

In essence, He is saying that whoever obeys God, God treats as his own children.

As we get older and become more successful in our lives, it becomes harder for us to be obedient to God. That's why today's message is very challenging, but very rewarding.

May we heed his message.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for your love and your message. I pray that I would always be humble and trusting that I may be moved into obedience to you. As I do so, I know you will continue to bless me and use me to glorify you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...