Monday, July 14, 2014

Sacrifice of Praise


The WORD today (see http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/071414.cfm) reminds me what else we can sacrifice to God.

When we hear the word sacrifice, the first thing that comes to mind is usually related to something negative. It usually means giving up something. I will not drink softdrinks as a sacrifice. I will not eat rice or desserts. I will not shop. In ancient times, they sacrificed meat and other things. They gave these things up for God (although others did the same to false gods). However, today’s reading gives us another perspective on sacrifice – something positive.

We can sacrifice in a positive way as well. Instead of giving up something, we can start doing something. I will attend a weekday mass aside from the Sunday mass. I will start praying the rosary. I will start praying everyday. I will read the bible everyday. I will give 10% of my earnings to the poor. These are sacrifices that makes us start to do something good – for God.

What is my notion of sacrifice? Am I aware and willing to sacrifice in a positive way? When do I praise God? Do I praise Him in all situations in my life?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another week. Lord, today, I ask that I be aware that I should always praise you, no matter what the situation may be. Help me to give you praise and glory in whatever I do and in whatever situation I may be in. May I also start doing things for you – no matter how big or small. May my sacrifice be a sacrifice of praise for you. Amen.

Have a blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

ps
see related reflection:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...