Tuesday, July 8, 2014

One of the Few


The WORD today (see http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/070814.cfm) makes me ask myself if I am ready and willing to be one of God's workers.

In the gospel, we see Jesus saying that the laborers are few.

Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few; so ask the master of the harvest to send out laborers for his harvest.”

God can do everything. He created everything. But he needs our service to make his love more alive and more real to others. He needs human being so we can feel and understand, in human ways, his love for us.

We do not need to be full time missionaries. We do not need to be priest or nuns. Whatever we do and wherever we are, as long as we live in accordance with the scripture, we can serve God, we can work for God, we can make God's love more real and alive in this world.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Sorry for the times I refuse to work for you by focusing on myself and doing only what I want. Lord, may I always be ready and willing to do your will and work for you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...