Friday, July 25, 2014

Protected Servants


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/072514.cfm) reminds us that we are protected servants of God.

The gospel is clear – we are expected to serve God through others, just like what Jesus did.

Rather, whoever wishes to be great among you shall be your servant;
whoever wishes to be first among you shall be your slave.
Just so, the Son of Man did not come to be served
but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many

And in serving others, in doing God’s work, we will experience hardships. However, we see in the first reading that God will always be there for us. He will protect us. He will not give us more than we can bear.

We are afflicted in every way, but not constrained;
perplexed, but not driven to despair;
persecuted, but not abandoned;
struck down, but not destroyed
;

As we live our lives, may we always reminded that even if we are serving God and doing his work, we will not be exempted from hardships. But as things are tough, God is always there protecting us.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another day to live. Lord, sorry for the times I act like your disciples and the mother in the gospel – wanting fame and recognition over wanting to serve you through others. Grant me the humility to know my place as your loving servant, and the strength to continue doing your work despite all the challenges in life. I know you will always protect me. May I always make it a point to put a smile on your face as I live my life. amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...