Friday, July 4, 2014

Follow Him?


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/070414.cfm) makes me think if I will readily follow God when he calls me to.

In the gospel, we see Jesus calling Matthew, who was a tax collector sitting at his post. When Jesus called him, Matthew immediately got up and followed Jesus. no last minute tasks, no excuses, no questions. then, not only did he follow Jesus, but also welcomed him into his home – signifying that he really wanted to change and welcome Jesus into his life. Of course we know he became one of the four evangelists who wrote the gospel.

Makes me think what about me? What is my reaction if Jesus called me today? Am I ready to change my ways completely and follow him, and do his will? Do I have last minute errands to do before I follow Jesus? or would I pretend not to hear him call me?

God wants all of us to follow him. All of us. And he sends reminders for us to do so. May we be sensitive to those, and as we hear him, may we be ready to follow him – in little and big ways.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for the weekend coming up. Lord, I am sorry for not being ready to follow you. sorry for pretending not to hear you, or putting off following you. May I have the heart like Matthew to drop everything and leave everything behind- all my sins, my shortcomings, my issues and worldly problems - to follow you, to glorify you as I live my life. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...