Friday, July 11, 2014

Worthy of Praise


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/071114.cfm) reminds me that God is worthy of our praise

In the first reading, we see how powerful God is. He can cause destruction or prosperity. Yet, he is very loving and caring that he calls us to come to him with repentant hearts. He does not need us, but he wants us to experience good things from him. in the gospel we see how God reminds us that despite all the challenges we are facing, he will always be there watching over us and guiding us.

How great God is, and how worthy he is of our praise.

The psalmist echoes what our attitude should be: “My mouth will declare your praise”

Things may not always go smoothly. We may not always be right with God. We may experience a lot of problems. But may we never forget who God is – how forgiving, loving and powerful he is. May we always be willing to come to him, and trust in him especially during challenging times. And may our lives and lips always proclaim our praises to God.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another day  to live. Thank you for another weekend coming up. Lord, I know there are a lot of challenges in my life, but I also know that you will always be there as I face these challenges. I just lift up everything to you and I will continue to love and praise you not only with my lips but with my life. amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...