Wednesday, July 23, 2014

God Equips


The WORD today (see http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/072314.cfm) reminds me that God will equip us as he calls us to do his work.

God does not call the qualified. He qualifies the called.

The bible says that God does not look at the physical appearance or qualifications. God looks at the heart. And as he calls us, he will equip us. The first reading says:

But the LORD answered me, Say not, “I am too young.” To whomever I send you, you shall go; whatever I command you, you shall speak. Have no fear before them, because I am with you to deliver you, says the LORD.

Jeremiah was very young. So he did not feel qualifies to be a prophet, because prophets are usually older people, those respected in society who are close to God. But God had other plans. He called Jeremiah. And he equipped him.

God still does the same for us. There may be times God calls us to do huge tasks. We may feel unqualified. In the sense of the world, we probably are. But If God calls us, He will equip us...We just need to say yes to him.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to love. Thank you for having faith in me. Lord, may I always respond with a yes everytime you call me, having faith that you would take care of me and equip me. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...