Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Calm in the Storm


The WORD today (See http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/070114.cfm) shows us literally what calm in the storm is!

IT is ironic that the disciples of Jesus, who were mostly fishermen, came to Jesus and woke him up, a carpenter, when there was a storm in the sea. This shows that at this point, even if maybe not yet fully, they have faith in Jesus and they know he is something else. However, it is surprising how Jesus reacted. We would have expected Jesus to assure them that everything’s going to be alright, but he did not. instead, he said: “Why  are you terrified, O you of little faith?”

This is Jesus telling us not to be afraid. That even if he was sleeping, it does not mean that he already abandoned the disciples. He did not say “good thing you woke me up so I can calm the sea.” Even if he was physically sleeping, his love and power still protects his disciples.  He does not need to be awake to protect them.

This is what is Jesus is telling us today. Do not be afraid. Things may be rough, there may be a storm in your life, but do not panic. You may think I am sleeping because I am silent, but do not doubt my love and power. Do not be afraid. Be calm. Have faith in me.

May we be inspired by the story today, and may it strengthen our faith in God.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another chance to experience your love. Lord, I am sorry for being so worried and for panicking when I experience storms in my life. May my faith continue to improve. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...