Saturday, June 15, 2013

All Things New


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/061513.cfm) reminds me that God and his love makes all things new

Sharing an excerpt of the first reading:

So whoever is in Christ is a new creation:
the old things have passed away;
behold, new things have come

God is fond of giving us a fresh start. Everyday, when we wake up, we are given a new day, a new chance to do good, an opportunity to do what is right in our lives. He does not keep a record of our wrongs and wait for us to prove we are sorry or we will do what is right. Instead, he gives us fresh opportunities everyday to do what is right. Everyone is given that – regardless of your attitude, of your faith or of your way of life. God gives all of us fresh opportunities and a fresh supply of his love everyday.

New things have come.

God’s love makes all things new. There is no one too bad that he can’t be loved. There is no sin so grave that can’t be forgiven. Whatever sins we have, whatever bad habits we harbor, whatever issues we have – is not enough to prevent God from loving us and giving us a new start. God’s love is like soap – it cleans everything that goes to it. We just need to humble ourselves and go to God, and expect him to change us and make things new, make things clean.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another weekend. Lord, thank you for your love. Thank you for your great love that can overcome anything. I pray that I humble myself and come to you. May I always allow you to love me so that I can experience and feel how real and how great your love for me is. And as I do so, I know that it will change me, it will change my life, and it will make things new and clean in my life. Amen.

Blessed weekend!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...