Sunday, June 30, 2013

Keep Moving Forward


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/063013.cfm) reminds me that as we follow God, we should keep moving forward.

We have a saying that goes “Ang hindi marunong tumingin sa pinanggalingan, hindi makararating sa paroroonan.” This shows that in our journey in life, it is important to know and remember where we came from, where we started, and not to forget our beginnings. However, in God’s kingdom, it may not always be best to look back as we move forward to serve him.

Everyone in Christ is a new creation. As we follow God, we are made new. The old self, with the sins, are left behind. This is why in the readings today, we see how God wants us not to look back as we follow Him. we should not look back to our old self and our sins, and just focus on Him, our new life, our new self, as we serve Him. It is said that we can’t serve two masters, so we should choose him and not our old self.

Change does not happen overnight. As we can see in the gospel, even his disciples’ temper is still on a rage. “Lord, you want us to call down fire from heaven to consume them?” This must have been an exciting sight – but not a good one. This shows that from time to time, we will still fall, old habits will still manifest. But we should be humble enough and allow God to continue to change us as we focus on Him.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for opportunities you constantly give me to serve you and to choose you. Lord, I pray that as I live my life, I may constantly choose you. May I never look back to my old self and accept the new person you are making me. As I serve you, may I choose to keep moving forward and focus on you as I follow you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-



No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...